General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Teacher Dashboard
New legislation for protecting personal data came into play in May 2018 (for more info see https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/data-protection-reform/overview-of-the-gdpr/). Known as GDPR, the new laws require both data owners and processors (such as Axis12 Ltd – the provider of the Teacher Dashboard service) to update their processes and technology to meet the specified requirements.
At Axis12, we have worked hard to ensure that all of our current processes and behaviours meet the updated regulations.
Teacher Dashboard is GDPR compliant
Ensuring the safety and security of our users is of the utmost importance to us, and data protection and privacy is an integral part of this. We want all individuals who use our services to get the most out of them whilst having the peace of mind that we have their best interests at heart.
We are committed to protecting the personal data and therefore the privacy of its users.
You can rest assured that:
- Internal processes have been updated with the full support of our executive team
- Our on-site and cloud data management procedures meet all regulations
- We ensure that we facilitate control of personal data for all individuals whose data we hold
- We have a dedicated Data Protection Officer and project manager to ensure that we meet all requirements
- All staff are being trained on any new processes that are implemented as part of this process
- We will never use your unanonymised data for targeted advertising.
- We store your data safely and always will.
- We respect local privacy laws and we stay abreast of changes.
- When we collect data, we use it for a specific, stated purpose, to improve your experience and our service to you.
- If we need to send any of your data to a third party we require an agreement that they handle and secure your data with the same high level of protection and care that we deliver.
- We respect your right to retain ownership and control of your data, so that you can modify, update, or delete it as needed.
You can expect to receive communications from us about Teacher Dashboard
We will communicate with you about Teacher Dashboard products, updates and relevant information about Teacher Dashboard or your account with regular emails – and where appropriate phone calls, post, or other methods of communication.
Our emails to you about our products are typically sent out every week; but may be more or less depending on whether there are important matters to update you about.
We will always give you the option to unsubscribe from our emails.
The rights and safety of children under the age of 16 are protected
We take the rights and the safety of children under the age of 16 years old very seriously.
We are very clear that we use data we hold on the children that use Teacher Dashboard products only to provide and improve the service. We never use children’s data for any other purpose.
We will never contact children directly, nor share their data with anyone, nor send any advertisements to children.
The legal guardians of children under the age of 16 who use Teacher Dashboard can contact us at any point if they have any concerns or questions about their child’s account. We may need to verify the legal guardians identity before being able to respond.
Teacher Dashboard products rely on users having a Microsoft Office 365 account. Microsoft Office 365 have taken steps to ensure that the legal guardian of a child with an Office 365 account has provided consent. Further information on how this process of consent works can be found here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4090292/microsoft-account-age-verification-for-parental-consent
We are always here to answer any questions you have
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about this – we would be happy to hear from you and will get back in touch as soon as we can.