Who we are
Teacher Dashboard 365 is a business division of Axis12 Ltd, a company registered in England under company number 07215135 with our registered address as set out below. You can contact us as follows:
- FAO: Head of Data Protection
- Address: Unit 14, The Ivories, 6/18 Northampton Street, London, N1 2HY, UK
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What information we collect about you
During your interaction with us, whether via our websites, by email, through completion of surveys, use of our apps or by any other means, you may provide information to us which might include [such as] your name, address, email address, phone number, the type of device you use to connect to the internet, and the subjects you are interested in, in order to provide you with information or reply to your queries.
We collect your information when you:
- Create an account on our website
- Are added as a teacher user by one of your teacher colleagues
- Are added as a student user to a class by your teacher
- Subscribe to our newsletters
- Contact our customer support team for assistance
- Interact or correspond with us by letter, phone, email or via our website
- Complete one of our surveys
- Use our mobile devices or website applications (apps)
- Enter a prize competition or draw
Teachers / Parents
If you are a teacher or parent, you or your school or college/institution may have provided information about you to us which we will process as described in section 'Use of your Information'. This information may include your name, job title, school or college address, email address, telephone number, subject preferences.
If you are a student your school or college will have provided information about you to us which we will process on your school’s behalf or for the purposes of providing services to you as described in section 'Use of your Information'. This information about you as a student may include your contact details, assignments you undertake and their results over a number of years.
How we use your information
We use your information lawfully. We do not sell your information to third parties. The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you.
We may use such personal data collected to:
- Meet our contractual commitments to you
- Process your request, for example, to access services and to administer your account
- Contact you about products you have bought or services you have subscribed to
- Communicate with you and provide information about our products and services
- Collect and store accurate data of our customers
- Send you marketing communications about products, services, activities, promotions or other matters where you have consented to receive such information
- Notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service
- Analyse your use of our websites, our apps and response to our communications to improve the services we offer, including personalising our communications with you
- Improve security and optimisation of our network sites and services including trouble shooting, testing and software development and support
- Enable us to comply with our policies and procedures and enforce our legal rights, or to protect the rights, property or safety of our employees
Cookies and how you use our website and apps
We also collect certain information about how you use our website and apps and the device that you use to access them. This includes your IP address, geographical location, device information (such as your hardware model, mobile network information, unique device identifiers) browser type, referral source, length of visit to the website, number of page views, the search queries you make on the website and similar information. This information is collected by Google Analytics on our behalf and by some of our apps using cookies. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Our website may include links to third party websites, plug-ins and applications. By clicking on those links or enabling these connections you may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these websites and are not responsible for their privacy notices. Please ensure that you read the privacy notices on any such external websites.
For more information on cookies, please read our Cookies Policy.
If you are a teacher or staff of a school, college or institution, we will process your information provided to us by your place of work or by you to:
- Support your use of our websites and apps
- Process any orders you make for products and services
- Obtain feedback from you in surveys relating to our products and services/ educational topics
When we have your consent to contact you, we may use your information to:
- Keep in contact with you and provide you with marketing communications about our news and/or events
- Tell you about new website features or services
- Send you newsletter
In the following circumstances we will use your information to carry out our contract with you to:
- Process your requests to purchase our products from our website
- Provide customer service and support
If you are a student your school, college or institution will have provided information about you to us which we will process on its behalf in order to:
- Support your learning
- Mark assignments and record assignment results
- Monitor and report on your progress
Who can see your information
Your information may be processed by our staff or by the staff of third parties we work with to deliver our business. Processing can mean any activity that involves the use of information about someone that can identify them. All uses, for example, obtaining, recording, storing, disclosing, organising, retrieving, deleting and destroying are types of data processing. We take measures to ensure that third parties processing your information on our behalf are acting lawfully in accordance with our instructions and are subject to appropriate confidentiality requirements. We also have adequate technical and organisational safeguards in place in our company and with third party processors to protect your information.
Third party processors of your information include:
- Our marketing services providers
- Specialist education research partners
- Our financial services and payment service provider
- Our auditors, technical consultants and legal advisors
How we look after your information
We look for opportunities to minimise the amount of personal information we hold about you. Where appropriate we anonymise and pseudonymise your information.
Information that is provided to us is stored on our secure servers. Details relating to any transactions entered into on our site will be encrypted to ensure its safety. We use appropriate technological and operational security measures to protect your information against any unauthorised access or unlawful use, such as:
- Ensuring the physical security of our offices
- Ensuring the physical and digital security of our equipment and devices by using appropriate password protection and encryption
- Limiting access to your personal information to those in our company who need to use it in the course of their work and ensure it is kept behind a user password verification system
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access secure parts of our Service, you are responsible for ensuring that passwords are not shared and are kept securely.
Protection of Personal Data
You are responsible for ensuring that personal data is transferred to us securely. We will take all reasonable precautions to ensure that all the personal data that is submitted to us for the purposes above remains secure and have procedures to protect the storage and disclosure of personal data. You must ensure passwords are not shared and are kept securely.
We connect with your Office 365 account to create your Teacher Dashboard 365 account. This gives us access to information you have provided to Microsoft to set up/install your tenant [such as] tenant ID, email address and display name.
How long we keep your information
We will retain your information for as long as is necessary to provide you with the services that you have requested from us or for as long as we reasonably require to retain the information for our legitimate interests, such as for the purposes of exercising our legal rights or where we are permitted to do so for purposes of academic and research purposes.
We operate a data retention policy and look to find ways to reduce the amount of information we hold about you and the length of time that we need to keep it.
For example, we:
- Archive our email and paper correspondence regularly and destroy unnecessary information
- Operate a best practice email retention policy requiring password protected folders and departmental shared drives to provide restricted access to information
- Conduct regular access reviews to keep access profiles and policies up to date
- Conduct periodic review and purge cycles of documents in accordance with our document retention policy
- Retain information relating to orders, refunds and customer queries for approximately 7 years
- Retain information relating to commercial contracts for approximately 7 years after expiration or termination whichever is the sooner
- We maintain a suppression list of email addresses of individuals who no longer wish to be contacted by us. So that we can comply with their wishes we must store this information permanently
- In the case of Teacher Dashboard 365, we will delete your account details 2 years after the end of your subscription period unless you request us to delete it earlier
- We delete information collected through marketing channels and information in our customer relationship management system, MailChimp, 2 years after our last interaction with you
When we share your information
Where applicable, we may disclose your personal information to any member of our group. This includes, where applicable, our subsidiaries, our holding company and its other subsidiaries (if any). We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Where we sell any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party
- Where we are legally required to disclose your information
- To assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk
Please view our policy on FERPA if you are a US based school.
International transfers of your information
Our company is located in the UK.
We may transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) for processing and storing. Also, it may be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. For example, such staff may be engaged in the processing and concluding of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Rights and Choices
Your Right to Object
You have the right to object to our using your information for direct marketing and on the basis of our legitimate interests (refer to ‘How We Use Your Information’ above to see when we are relying on our legitimate interests). If you want to do this, you can contact us using the details in the section 'Who We Are'.
Your Right to Withdraw Consent
The right to withdraw your consent for our use of your information in reliance of your consent (refer to ‘How We Use Your Information’ to see when we are relying on your consent), which you can do by contacting us using any of the details in the section 'Who We Are'.
Your Other Rights and Choices
You also have other choices and rights in respect of the information that we hold about you, including:
- The right to request access to the information that we hold about you to check that we are acting lawfully
- The right to receive a copy of any information we hold about you in a structured, commonly-used, machine readable format or in another format of your choice
- The right to ask us to correct information we hold about you if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- The right to ask us, in certain circumstances, to delete information we hold about you
You may exercise your rights and choices by contacting us using the details above 'Who We Are'.
You can also prevent processing for marketing activities by checking certain boxes on forms that we use to collect your data to tell us that you don’t want to be involved in marketing.
Your Right to Complain
Please contact us if you have any questions or are unhappy about the way your information is used. We hope we will be able to resolve any problems or issues you may.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint about us and our use of your information to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office or the relevant authority in your country of work or residence.
We may make changes to this Privacy Notice from time to time. We will post any changes to our site.
This Privacy Notice was updated on the 5th August 2019.